FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups Translators and Interpreters in Lugansk, Kiev, Ukraine  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
 RegisterRegister 
Kiev Girls Ukraine Dating ** Kiev Interpreting services; Kiev Interpretation & Interpreters in Kiev --- Russian Girls, Russian Girls Dating

S Agency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Translators and Interpreters in Lugansk, Kiev, Ukraine Forum Index -> Dating Scams in Lugansk Ukraine

skyblue38 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: S Agency

Hi i was in Lugansk in 2006
The agency there that invited me is a scam or running one
Some of the ladies are Pro Daters
I have checked forums and a common reply came up about her and the agency arranging foreign "suckers" as I would say to meet her other Pro Daters.From the time they picked me up from airport they were laughing
as if I were sucker arriving for the scam!You can tell by the uncomfortable feeling they give u and if you have any intellegence youll know you were fleeced for money on your visit!

I will be more wiser in my next visit to Ukraine but things have come long way since I began checking foreign lady websites in 2002
There is much more professionalism and scammers are finding it tougher!

Sergey Reply with quote

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:56 pm    Post subject:

skyblue38 wrote:
Posted: Today at 12:15 Post subject: S Agency

Hi i was in Lugansk in 2006
The agency there that invited me is a scam or running one
Some of the ladies are Pro Daters
I have checked forums and a common reply came up about her and the agency arranging foreign "suckers" as I would say to meet her other Pro Daters.From the time they picked me up from airport they were laughing
as if I were sucker arriving for the scam!You can tell by the uncomfortable feeling they give u and if you have any intellegence youll know you were fleeced for money on your visit!

I will be more wiser in my next visit to Ukraine but things have come long way since I began checking foreign lady websites in 2002
There is much more professionalism and scammers are finding it tougher!

Hi Mick and Welcome to our forum.

Everything you described above still happens in Lugansk Ukraine with most of illegal marriage agencies in Lugansk and as the times get tougher in Ukraine, the scams get more and more active.

Foreigners get ripped off and they go home with couple of hryvnas in their pockets and nasty feeling of being scammed.They come with intention to find a wife but return home absolutely frustrated.
Different types of scam, scamming you for expensive gifts, food , drinks, apartment, translation, internet services, taxi services more to continue etc.

Lugansk scammers do not play good and bad cops - they just treat you like S..T, cause they do not care for you at all. They are like car salesmen because they need your money. You will not feel hospitality.

You can not count the illegal scam agencies in Lugansk as they grow like mushrooms after the rain. We regularly get calls from foreigners in Lugansk who come to the city to meet somebody and found out that the letters they received from fake ladies from Lugansk is just a pack of lies and the gilrs are not real at all.

I want to say that it's important to know somebody in Ukraine. Some independent person speaking English. Or to have contacts of independent interpreter who can help if all goes wrong. If you have such interpreter you have to be sure - this interpreter works for you and willing to help anytime. Foreigners in Lugansk need to have a back-up plan in case the trip happens to be a real mess. Some of the foreigners we know came to Lugansk airport and found out that some individuals from marriage agencies expected to pick them up from the airport never showed up but the money was paid for it in advance.

Interpreting Services in Kiev, Ukraine

Interpreter in Kiev - English, Italian, German

http://www.kievinterpreter.net

Translator (am), Interpreter Kiev

VTC Admin Reply with quote
Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject:

I know only one thing related to $ Agency.

We had an inquiry about translation services in Lugansk from one of potential clients from abroad. We arranged everything concerning translators and agreed about the prices with this potential client ( and we spent time and effort to ensure all is fine ) but
soon after that the client had to change his mind as his STAROBEL'SK bride wanted to have her own translator . Can you guess why? Улыбка

Yes, Bingo! We all know why Улыбка) It's so typical these days!

Quote:
I have been contacted today by the lady I am meeting and she has asked me to use her interpreter from Starobelsk (where she is from). This puts me in an awkward position and I have thought carefully what I should do. I have decided that I will go along with her wishes.

As I wrote some months ago :
Quote:
Normally we do not interfere with marriage agencies unless the client (you and your lady) agrees to use our services because these agencies use only their translators .

I understand we all need to earn a living but I DO NOT WANT ANY INTERPRETER OF MY TRANSLATION COMPANY TO IMPOSE SERVICES ON ANYBODY!

Clients will decide themselves what they want and what services they would like to buy. They just need attention, good attitude, reasonable prices along with Discounts. Улыбка

www.lugansk-ukraine-interpreter.vtc-global.com
www.luganskinterpreter.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject:

Hi viktor

I have heard of you before and am wonndering about agency Beauty Abroad!!! They are only one or two legible sites in city arent they!
Im also trying get a English map of city with streets and monuments
important places such as Telecom Building and Hotels!
Is there anything on Internet or available!
Anything you can let me know about BA Id appreciate!

Michael

Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:40 am    Post subject:

Hello Michael

What I can say about Beauty Abroad is that we didn't have any compalints about their services from our clients ordering interpreters in Ukraine. And this is a great plus for their reputation.

Legit business in Ukraine means you have to be an enterpreneur or to open a company to earn money. You have to obtain registration documents issued at the city council which allow you to do business. The most important document is called "Certificate of State registration" or in Ukrainian transliteration ( Svidotstvo pro Derzhavnu Reestratiju) If any of the site owners does not have such certificate - then it's just the case when individuals open a web site and try to earn money illegally. Along with this Certificate is another one TAX Certificate Улыбка) The so-called 4-OPP form which is given by the Tax inspection when you register to do business in Ukraine.
This certificate clearly shows that people pay Taxes for the business services they offer.

English map of Lugansk is just impossible to get, both on-line and printed. You can not buy the maps in English in the shops too.

There were I think two online maps but they all were in Russian. One of these maps has the list of streets and squares in English. But it's in Russian unfortunately.

http://lugansk.netfirms.com/karta.html

This map can find the streets using the internal search engine. And Again it 's in Russian.

http://map.bigmir.net/lugansk/

Kind regards
Viktor

Last edited by VTC Admin on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:45 am    Post subject: Lugansk recession

Hello viktor
Thank you for replies to my questions about BA Star Agency and language
I wanted to ask question once a russian speaking person starts learning English in professional manner how long do you think it would take for them to be accredited or get a pass I meant.....to talk lang well
Second i am presuming Lugansk like all Europe is being affected by current recession but do you think if things get worse that real hardship come local people and that foreigners will want less to come to city!
I read Presidents recent speech regarding recession and his determination to bond the people but will that be of no relevance in such far cities such as Lugansk and Sevastopol.
Happy Easter

Michael
sydney

Forum Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject:

Hello Michael

You are welcome Улыбка
I'm glad I could help you in a way.
Being half way around the globe people still need to help each other.

As a rule it takes about a year to be able to speak pretty well.
About 3 months if you are in the English Speaking country.
Let's say 3 months of intensive learning goes for Phonetics - a person should know how to pronounce the sounds right and to be able to recognize different sounds in the communication. e.g. SHIT or SHEET ...
or let's say a simple sentence like "Let's make peace" can be distorted into "let's make Piss" which is just the opposite. Улыбка) So, it's important to study phonetics first. Then a student has to study simple grammar like present and past or singular and plural and some lexical material to be able to speak. Once the student knows the Phonetic rules, Simple Grammar and learns new words being able to read - which reqires reading rules and exceptions it becomes the base for getting to know more and more words and set expressions i.e. self-learning.
So, to crown it all I think basics will come after one year of intensive learning. But nothing will come out of it if a student has no desire to study the language. It must be a goal to be able to speak English well.

Secondly , yep, we have hard times..in Lugansk especially.
People have no jobs and have no money to feed the families.
But Ukrainians is the nation that looks into the bright future.
We still find the way to live here and earn good money.
We work harder and things get better.
You , Know nothing comes for free even abroad.
I know what I'm talking about. You work day and night
to have decent living standards.

The foreigners do come to the city.
As a Lugansk interpreting company owner and an interpreter
I met many good people in Lugansk this year.
Sorry to say but They have one and the same problem here.
Russian Dating Scams. You can not do anything about it.
Some ladies earn their living with the comssions from the Illegal Agencies. The times get rough and the scams get hard on their victims.

People come to find the brides to Lugansk, for business meetings to the factories and plants and just to see the city. It's a good time to come - the dollar is about 8 Hryvnas and if you watch your spendings you'll not spend more than 80 -100 USD a day. Flats are very cheap oround 35 -38 USD and the food is absolutely inexpensive. Even interpreting fees are less now ( 10 US an Hour) than they were some times before in Lugansk. Well, I guess this can clearly show that notwithstanding the recession we all live Happy Улыбка)

Though I just can not predict what will happen next....
Some of my friends Say @This friking country goes to HEll@ Улыбка

If you are interested to see some latest pictures of Lugansk taken by one of my good friends ( My US Buddy ) and clients recently then send me an e-mail to / client@vtc-global.com / with the topic Att. Viktor.. and i'm sure I could arrange some free Lugansk photo tour for you ^)) So you could see what Lugansk is like now and maybe talk with my friend from US about his impressions...

Happy Easter Man Улыбка

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject:

Ok Dude..............
Yes there are shining lights like you for Ukr
and Viktor Yush......
actually you mentioned there are no maps in English anyway
I can only remember Sovetskaya and Titova just to get my bearings
Ill send it all in E mail before I come to see Elena hopefully in 2010
Yes will get some photos maybe trade some back....

Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Translators and Interpreters in Lugansk, Kiev, Ukraine Forum Index -> Dating Scams in Lugansk Ukraine
Page 1 of 1

Choose Display Order
User Permissions